Lorrie Thomas Ross, MA
CEO and The Marketing Therapist®
Marketing is about maximizing healthy relationships, it shouldn’t feel difficult, overwhelming, expensive, negative or stressful.
Lorrie Thomas Ross founded Web Marketing Therapy® to get great organizations on the right path to success. She was sick of seeing great organizations and leaders struggle with marketing and falling victim to organizations pushing products or services that didn’t really fit their unique needs. Marketing is about maximizing ideal relationships. Lorrie loves serving intentional leaders as a partner to identify critical projects and create processes and systems that support professional goals.
Ross is a “markeding” evangelist (that’s not a typo, it’s a mashup: Marketing + Education = markeding®). She is staging a peaceful revolution to shift the way that people and companies think about and approach marketing. Approaching marketing in an ethical way with a pure, educational purpose helps people better understand why to support an organization’s products and services, takes the stress out of marketing and gets more “good” organizations over their fear of marketing so they get in the game.
Lorrie speaks on a number of marketing-related subjects and teaches custom courses for corporations. She wrote The McGraw-Hill 36-Hour Course to Online Marketing. She has been featured in the media as a marketing expert in publications including Inc., Forbes, Fast Company, Entrepreneur and SUCCESS Magazine. She is a member of Entrepreneurs’ Organization.
Lorrie began her Internet-focused career in 1999 as a founding team member at an online advertising network. She is a recovering advertising salesperson and still has nightmares about those tacky obnoxious flashy banner ads she sold. She has worked for major corporate brands as well as start-up organizations. As a pioneer in the online marketing world, she has a very unique perspective as a professional who has worked through the dot-com boom, dot-com bust and today’s social and mobile-driven world.
- Diagnosis: Domainiac (she owns a lot of domains), Professional multiple personality disorder (Running the business, providing advisory to a diverse clientele, writing, editing, creating, doing admin work, overseeing operations, collaborating with fabulous coworkers, speaking, training and writing) and word nerd.
- Addictions: Sunglasses, pets, tea (organic only!), Haribo gummies, vitamin supplements, family time
- Obsessions: Her pets, crystals, essential oils, cool coffee table books
- Phobias: Insultants (consultants who insult vs. actually help), irrationality, one-size-fits-all marketing, having a creative idea slip through the cracks, papyrus font, paperwork
- Compulsive Behaviors: Cleans under stress, takes stickers off produce before putting it away
- Self-medicates with: Travel, coffee, tea, cooking, hiking, pet cuddles, acting like a kid with her kid
Memberships and Associations
- Forbes’ Agency Council