Lorrie Thomas Ross, MA
CEO and The Marketing Therapist®
If web and social media marketing is hard, overwhelming or stressful, then you are doing something wrong.
Lorrie Thomas Ross founded Web Marketing Therapy, Inc. to get great organizations on the right path to success. She was sick of seeing small businesses and entrepreneurs struggle with digital marketing and fall victim to organizations pushing products or services that didn’t really fit their needs. Making Small Businesses BIG with the Web® is her passion. She speaks on a number of marketing-related subjects and teaches custom courses for corporations. Her book, The McGraw-Hill 36-Hour Course to Online Marketing is a common companion to professionals looking for digital marketing management expertise, support and guidance. She also has marketing courses on lynda.com.
Ross’ marketing and education background have turned her into a “markEDing” evangelist (that’s not a typo, it’s a mashup: Marketing + Education = markeding®). She is staging a peaceful revolution on the way that people and companies think about and approach marketing. Approaching marketing in an ethical way with a pure, educational purpose helps people better understand why to support an organization’s products and services, takes the stress out of marketing and gets more “good” organizations over their fear of marketing so they get in the game.
Lorrie Thomas Ross holds a Master’s degree in Organizational Management from Antioch University. She has been featured in the media as a marketing expert in publications including Inc., Forbes, Fast Company, Entrepreneur and SUCCESS Magazine.
Lorrie began her Internet-focused career in 1999 as a founding team member at ValueClick Media (now Conversant), a leading online advertising network. She has worked for major corporate brands as well as start up organizations. As a pioneer in the online marketing world, she has a very unique perspective as a professional who has worked through the dot-com boom, dot-com bust and today’s social and mobile driven world.
Lorrie is very passionate about work, family and volunteerism. Reading with her 6-year old is one of her favorite things to do. She volunteers as a school librarian and is on the board of AIR Serenbe, an artist-in-resident program that nurtures critical moments of imagination. She loves traveling, cooking and being unplugged in nature to recharge.
- Diagnosis: CEO functioning multiple personality disorder (Running the business, providing advisory to a diverse clientele, collaborating with fabulous coworkers, traveling for speaking, training and writing)
- Addictions: Fresh air, marketing, daughter hugs, great restaurants, cats, Nespresso, scarves, gummy candy (Haribo only!), family time
- Obsessions: Local organic produce, hygge, kids books, cool coffee table books
- Phobias: Insultants (that a consultant who is insulting), one-size-fits-all marketing, having a creative idea slip through the cracks, hoarding
- Compulsive Behaviors: Cleans under stress, takes stickers off produce before putting it away
- Self-medicates with: Travel, coffee, cooking, hiking, essential oils, acting like a kid with her kid