Vanessa Manning – Marketing Strategist, Digital Nomad
The big lesson in life, baby, is never be scared of anyone or anything. – Frank Sinatra
Vanessa Manning is a recovering corporate-aholic turned digital nomad.
She cut her teeth in marketing and sponsorships at Turner Broadcasting working for brands like Cartoon Network & Adult Swim to Turner Sports: NBA on TNT, MLB on TBS, and the NCAA Tournament.
After 5 years, her love and passion for philanthropy led her to help run the Cause Marketing department where she helped brands hone their CSR strategies including Aflac Duckprints, AT&T Disability, and the Georgia Power partnership with the Atlanta Falcons, Atlanta United, and Mercedes Benz Stadium.
It was at this position she negotiated with her boss to allow her to work remotely for 2 weeks…in Bali. It was this trip that forever changed her course – 2 weeks turned into nearly a month and she knew that this had to be life moving forward. She realized how much travel meant to her and after successfully running her accounts from across the world, she understood that she could make the dream of working and traveling a reality.
To do this, she had to master the realm of digital marketing and she did just that spending a year at a small digital agency. Now, she works with other digital organizations including Web Marketing Therapy and Wild Web Women helping others master their digital marketing strategies.
She also has her own company called Provocateur Consulting where she helps her clients uncover their underlying patterns blocking them from success. She has a passion for yoga, meditation, and spiritual connection which led her to the shores of Lake Atitlan, Guatemala for a month receiving her 200-hour YTT. In addition, she plans and executes yoga and wellness retreats/experiences both domestically and internationally.
Vanessa believes in living life by your own rules – charting your own path might be messy and others may try to sway you, but I promise if you keep going, you’ll find the oasis you’ve been searching for.
- Diagnosis: Bi-Polar Entrepreneur; Marketer & Spiritualist
- Addictions: Travel, spiritualism, deep discussions, beach time, email marketing, and finding creative solutions to challenges
- Obsessions: Yoga, her dog Jefe, plants, travel, finding new restaurants and hidden gems throughout the city, french fries, and self-discovery
- Phobias: Staying stagnant, cucumbers (to clarify, I’m not scared of cucumbers but I despise them so I’m always afraid they’re lurking in my food)
- Compulsive Behaviors: Constant tidying, frequent travel, sunglass purchases, buying new plants (at 26 and counting) and feng shui
- Self-medicates with: Travel, yoga, breathwork, ice cream, tidying, nature walks, more travel, and Kung Fu Hustle