Our fearless leader promoted the New Year as a year of promise…success…fun…learning…growing. I couldn’t help but agree! We are now NINE days into the new year and I have to admit, there is some doubt about how wonderful this year is going to be! Life happens, I realize that! But come on!
Let me take you back down not so distant memory lane!
- Lame horse = $800 in vet bills and an additional $200 to keep her locked in a 10′ x 10′ stall so as not to do more damage.
- Freezing cold climate (ok, it’s not below freezing..but to my Southern Cal body-anything below 60 is too cold!) = $388.00 electric bill-seriously! And I don’t live in the Taj Mahal!
- Flushed toilet at the inlaws (yes, I was the responsible party!) = overflowed from 2nd floor onto 1st floor-kitchen ceiling torn apart, carpet torn up and a visit from water removal experts at 1 am = at least $1000 for the deductable not to mention countless hours of construction that will have to take place over the next month (love the in-laws..they didn’t hold me responsible-but they are replacing the toilet!)
- Scratch to the hood of our new car (and mind you, it has a special pearl coating, so they will have to repaint the entire hood, not just patch the scratch!) = $500 (actually, the quote came back at $732)
- Neurotic dog broke out of the back yard…rather chewed her way through the fence = $400 for new and super sturdy dog run
And all that since the New Year Began! For those of you without a calculator:
Grand Total of $3,520 of unexpected expenses!
Working in my PJ’s and having a flexible job that allows me to deal with the unending CHAOS….
Thank goodness I have this blog to rant about the happenings in my life, while hopefully instilling a little Web Marketing Wisdom! It is SOOOO much cheaper (insert FREE here ) than real therapy!
When life throws you lemons…BLOG about it! So much more fun than sitting in a corner and eating worms!