I recently reviewed the benefits of podcasting with an awesome Law School Expert consultant, author, podcaster. After our correspondence, a wonderful Wild Web Woman Designer reminded me to share these great podcasting benefits on the blog! I hope you enjoy!
- You are providing another way for visitors to receive information, get educated, and get hooked (it shows your customers you care 🙂 )
- Unlike online videos, email newsletters, or blogs, audio podcasts allow a listener to multi-task, so they could end up listening to you on the way to work, the gym, or while they browse the web.
- Podcasts are also opt-in, it means that only people who are interested in what you have to say will listen.
- Podcasts add to your credibility and sellability factor.
- GOOD FOR SEO – Search engines love media rich sites especially when the podcast lives on your site.
- Increases visibility of other projects: site, blog, book site, etc.
- Including another media option to your business, like Podcasts, could help you reach a new audience because people like to consume media differently.
- The podcast page, iTunes, and blog talk radio, may also become a new referring source of traffic to your site (qualified traffic equals more sales)
- “Podcasts put a voice to your website and help you avoid being just another logo.” (Thank you Social Media Trader for that great line and great podcast tips!)