When Lorrie Thomas Ross started Web Marketing Therapy almost 10 years ago, she a wanted a company that valued both hard work and a life outside of work. Our team relishes the moments away from work (i.e. the computer), but we thought it would be fun to share which websites we visit when we aren’t working – the ones that fill our souls with inspiration for health, happiness, self-improvement, business inspiration and fun.
When I approached our team to find out their fave sites, many (ok, most) of us prefer to be far, far away from the computer if we aren’t working, but for those moments when we do find ourselves online, these are the sites that you might find us browsing:
Wil, our only wild web woMAN recommends:
- Reddit – for the silly fun stuff
- Backcounty – for outdoor inspiration
- Rapha Continental – for beautiful cycling videos
Tonya prefers to spend her non-working hours outside – hiking, biking, paddle boarding or playing with her dogs. Her one exception is Yelp – to read reviews to find new restaurants to enjoy!
If Anne has a spare moment she enjoys:
- Jenny Rawling’s blog – her fave yoga teacher’s blog
- Nordstrom Rack and Amazon for shop therapy
Katherine wanted to give a shout out to her favorite app, Spotify, but if she is online and not working, she ends up on one of these sites:
- Tumblr – she follows over 70 people, but some random ones she follow are hqlines, life.tumblr and Culturenlifestyle
- Post Secret – she has been following them since 2007! ‘Your secrets, posted here, every
Lorrie finds inspiration here:
- Focus at Will – instrumental music to help keep you focused
- Marie Forleo – inspiring female entrepreneur who reminds you that ‘the world needs that special gift that only you have.’
- Facebook to keep up with her friends and family 🙂
I spend my spare online time on these sites:
- The Outbound Collective to inspire my adventures
- Outdoor Gear Lab to ensure I have the best gear doing it
- Blue Apron to pick my meals for the following week-ones I don’t have to shop for or decide on the best recipe-food and recipes delivered right to my door
- Pinterest to help plan my next DIY project
Where do you find online inspiration? We always love to hear about sites that encourage greatness or bring out the best in you!