September 2nd, 2009
by Sarah Caminker
The new reality is that people are more empowered by social media than ever before. It’s about having an opinion in this virtual world and becoming an active participant in these discussions. My advice…roll up your sleeves and get in the game! Whether you are a business owner, a mother of three, or just a savvy web geek like myself, these commandments apply to us all. It’s time to be a leader in this social media revolution and not a follower.
1. Thou Shalt Blog (like crazy).
2. Thou Shalt Create Profiles (everywhere).
3. Thou Shalt Upload Photos (lots of them).
4. Thou Shalt Upload Videos (all you can find).
5. Thou Shalt Podcast (often).
6. Thou Shalt Set Alerts (immediately).
7. Thou Shalt Comment (on a multitude of blogs).
8. Thou Shalt Get Connected (with everyone).
9. Thou Shalt Experience Social Media (30 minutes per week).
10. Thou Shalt Be Creative (go forth and create creatively)!