June 2nd, 2010
Spending a bit of time to tone up your social media platforms and SEO (search engine optimization) is a wise decision. But don’t forget that while social media and SEO help attract potential customers and clients to your website, your website must be in tip-top shape to retain their attention. Simply put, your website must have VALUABLE content and a clear PURPOSE. Surely you know the answer to WHAT you want customers to find on your website, but ensure that it’s easy for them to find it! How do you achieve this? Go back to the beginning and take a look at those potentially dusty landing pages.
Like Lorrie Thomas, Web Marketing Therapy’s CEO says: “You want to get people TO your site but also THROUGH your site!”
Minda Zetlin recently wrote for INC’s Technology section and shared a brilliant article with lots of helpful tips how to use your landing pages as marketing tool. Restoring your website to tip-top marketing finesse that is the perfect place to start your web marketing landing page motivation. She interviewed several web marketers to gain insight. Insight like “One of the most effective ways to connect with customers is if they come to a page and immediately see, in bold letters, exactly what they’re looking for,” which was a simple, yet really helpful reminder from Sandip Sarwate, owner of Saffron Marigold.
Minda’s INC article boasts motivational marketing ideas on how/why to give your landing pages a FRESH marketing face-lift including:
- Creating specific landing pages for niche target markets gives you marketing collateral with targeted messages to make visitors buy or act faster
- Increasing conversation rates (meaning the percentage of people who hit your site and take a desired action increases)
- Why dedicated landing pages maximize the PURPOSE of your web pages for maximum impact
- What your landing pages should look like
- What your landing pages should NOT look like
- How to raise your SEO through EFFECTIVE landing pages
- How to test the SUCCESS of your marketing efforts - Are your customers finding the answers to their questions quickly? Web Marketing Therapy’s CEO Lorrie Thomas explained in the article to Minda, “We used to say that you had to grab website visitors’ attention within two to three seconds, but now that’s much too long.” Make sure your landing pages allow for a quick, fun and purpose-driven experience of your website!
For lots of examples on how to create SUPERB landing pages that make your customers happy and coming back to your site, check out Minda Zetlin’s’ article “The Logic of Landing Pages” on INC.com.
Tags: email marketing, INC, Lorrie Thomas, Minda Zetlin, online marketing, search engine marketing, search engine optimization, small business marketing, Social Media, social media marketing, web marketing